Litigation & Dispute Resolution
At the inception of any matter, the Wolf, Rifkin, Shapiro, Schulman & Rabkin, LLP litigation attorneys are keenly focused on achieving the best and most cost-effective result for our clients. In that regard, and in addition to a wealth of courtroom litigation expertise, our litigation attorneys assist our clients in determining when a resolution through a good settlement may be preferable to litigation. Our litigation attorneys are experienced counselors, arbitrators, and mediators, helping our clients navigate the pros and cons of alternative dispute resolution.
Perhaps most importantly, we are tenacious and effective advocates for our clients in all phases of civil litigation, including in State and Federal courts, as well as in arbitration (including international arbitration) and mediation. In fact, many of our litigation attorneys have been recognized throughout California and even nationally for their skills and accomplishments as litigators. For example, our litigation attorneys have been recognized by Martindale Hubbell, Super Lawyers, U.S. News & World Report, Best Lawyers, and Chambers USA, among other publications/organizations, as leaders in their respective litigation practice areas. More specifically, we have significant experience and skill-handling a wide variety of commercial litigation matters, including:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights
- Breach of Contract
- Collection and Commercial Litigation
- Copyright, Trademark, and Trade Secret Disputes
- Construction Defect
- Corporate, Limited Liability Company, and Partnership Disputes
- Employment, Wage & Hour
- False Claims Acts, Whistleblower, and Qui Tam
- Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Product Liability
- Real Estate Litigation
Our litigation attorneys also draw on the skills of our bankruptcy, corporate, entertainment, tax, and real estate transactional attorneys to provide multifaceted representation in such areas as:
- Bankruptcy – Reorganizations – Foreclosures
- Construction Defect and/or Real Estate Development
- Contract Disputes of All Kinds
- Property Management Disputes
- Property Acquisition/Disposition Conflicts
- Real Property Probate Matters
- Represented one of the largest commercial real estate developers in the City of Los Angeles in connection with a commercial development project totaling over $100 million.
- Represented and advised a major cosmetics and skincare marketing company on numerous business law matters as well as license disputes with suppliers.
- Represented the offspring of an A-list celebrity in ongoing trust litigation over his trust and related sub-trusts.
- Represented a trustee in a trust litigation matter and recovered the title to, and possession of, the family residence and other assets from a couple who had financially exploited an aged partner.
- Represented a commercial landlord against a former tenant and received a motion for summary judgment for unpaid rent which resulted in a six-figure award.
- Represented a commercial landlord against a former tenant and settled the case which resulted in a payment of over $900,000.00 for unpaid rent.
- Represented a client in a breach of contract case against one of the world’s leading technology developers and electronics manufacturers in an arbitration which resulted in the client recovering an award in excess of $12,000,000.00.
- Represented a beneficiary in a trust contest and breach of fiduciary duty litigation matter and obtained multiple settlements for the beneficiary.
- Defeated an insurer’s summary judgment motion in an ongoing coverage litigation over vandalism to a vacant commercial property.