Gregory Kerr is a partner in the Las Vegas office of Wolf, Rifkin, Shapiro, Schulman & Rabkin, LLP, where he serves as counsel to community associations, working closely with boards of directors and community association management companies. Mr. Kerr volunteers his time as a board member for the Community Associations Institute (“CAI”) Nevada Chapter. Mr. Kerr is also a member of CAI Nevada’s Legislative Action Committee (“LAC”), where the committee monitors proposed legislation and regulation at the state level and advocate on behalf of community associations and their members for common sense laws that benefit –Nevada community associations. The Nevada LAC monitors and advocates at both the Nevada State Legislature and before the Nevada Real Estate Division’s Commission on Common Interest Communities and Condominium Hotels. LAC also proposes new legislation and works to educate legislators and commissioners on how community associations operate and the benefits they provide to members.
Mr. Kerr volunteers a notable amount of time teaching in the area of community associations. Mr. Kerr is an instructor for the Nevada community manager certification program. He also has helped develop and participates in teaching continuing education classes for the community association industry, and has dedicated staff to offer and further those efforts.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Kerr was involved with representing community associations in California where he served as legal counsel to associations on all aspects of corporate operations. Mr. Kerr is currently licensed to practice law in both California and Nevada.
- Juris Doctor (2004), Albany Law School of Union University (Law Review), Albany, New York
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science (2001), Point Loma Nazarene University, San Diego, California
- Member of the State Bar of California
- Member of the State Bar of Nevada
HONORS & OUTSIDE ACTIVITIES
- Instructor for the Nevada Real Estate Division 60-hour Community Management certification course sanctioned by the State of Nevada
- Instructor for the State of Nevada Ombudsman for common interest community classes throughout Nevada
- Active public speaker at Common Interest Community industry events and CAI functions
- Consistently authoring articles for community association industry publications.
- Board Member of the Community Association Institute – Nevada Chapter
- Member of the Nevada Legislative Action Committee