Matthew E. Wolf is a partner at Wolf, Rifkin, Shapiro, Schulman & Rabkin, LLP. His practice focuses on counseling start-up businesses, small to medium-sized companies, and individuals in connection with a broad range of transactional matters. Matthew advises clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, general business and corporate transactional matters, real estate with a focus on acquisition and disposition planning, entertainment and new media, and intellectual property and technology licensing. Matthew’s technical background provides a unique outlook regarding businesses and transactions requiring an understanding of underlying technology, products, and applications.
- Designed and implemented plan for the tax-minimized division among partners of $500M real estate portfolio, including staggered 1031 exchanges and tax-free distributions of assets.
- Structured and negotiated $75M multi-party merger of beverage companies.
- Represented seller in $150M sale of entertainment content and technology company.
- Negotiated sale of Ferrari Silicon Valley: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/indigo-auto-group-acquires-ferrari-silicon-valley-301192210.html
- Acted as lead counsel to Danny Wimmer Presents in negotiation of investment by Yucaipa Companies: https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8551642/danny-wimmer-presents-prepares-acquisition-phase/
- Represented Top Drawer Merch and Electric Family in connection with acquisition by Empire Records: https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/9398671/empire-acquires-majority-stake-top-drawer-merch-electric-family
- Restructured digital agency to create tax-effective $25,000,000 sale of company, and negotiated sale.
- Closed numerous preferred financing rounds, including for entertainment content creators.
- Developed strategies and implemented reorganizations of companies in order to utilize long-term advantages of Internal Revenue Code Section 1202 with respect to Qualified Small Business Stock.
- Juris Doctor, Pepperdine University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Biomedical Engineering, Washington University in St. Louis
- Member of the State Bar of California
- Member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association Business Section
HONORS & OUTSIDE ACTIVITIES
- Serving on the boards of various non-profit organizations
- 2020 – 2022 Super Lawyers Rising Star (awarded to 2.5% of attorneys under the age of 40)