David Stern is an associate attorney in the Las Vegas office of Wolf, Rifkin, Shapiro, Schulman & Rabkin, LLP where his practice focuses on legal matters involving community associations. Mr. Stern completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy and East Asian Studies at McGill University and earned a Certificate in International Trade from Concordia University in his home town, Montreal, Canada. He obtained his Juris Doctorate, graduating with highest pro bono honors, from the William S. Boyd School of Law in Las Vegas, Nevada.
During law school, Mr. Stern contributed as the Special Projects Editor of the Gaming Law Journal and President of the Gaming Law Society. A recipient of the Shannon Bybee Award in 2018, Mr. Stern was a featured speaker at the 17th International Conference of Gambling and Risk-Taking (ICGRT 2019) and his work was published for the International Association of Gaming Advisors (IAGA) and in the Gaming Law Review (GLR).
Mr. Stern served as a judicial intern in the United States District Court for the Honorable Andrew Gordon and the Honorable Jennifer Dorsey, in the 8th Judicial District Court for the Honorable Kerry Earley, and with the Clark County District Attorney’s office. Following law school, Mr. Stern served as the law clerk for the Honorable Michelle Leavitt in the 8th Judicial District Court for the State of Nevada. He is currently admitted to practice in the State of Nevada and the United States District Court, District of Nevada.
Mr. Stern was recognized among the 2023 Mountain States Rising Stars. He was also recognized in both Nevada Business Magazine’s “Legal Elite 2021” and “Best Up and Coming 2021” – The Silver State’s Top Attorneys.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Stern spent over a decade immersed in international business. He is fluent in French and Mandarin.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Pro Bono Corner: “My First Pro Bono Case: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.” Clark County Bar Journal COMMUNIQUE, June-July, 2021
- Featured speaker at the 17th International Conference of Gambling and Risk-Taking (ICGRT), 2019
- ”It’s Time for Wizards to Give Up the Illusion and Show Their Cards: How Wizards of the Coast Circumvent Gaming Law to Make Millions.” International Association of Gaming Advisors (IAGA), 2018
- “Your Gaming License is a Privilege, Not a Right: Analysis of In Re: Philadelphia Entertainment & Development Partners, LP.” Gaming Law Review/Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. Publishers (GLR), 2019
- Juris Doctor (2019), William S. Boyd School of Law, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Certificate of International Trade (2008), Concordia University, Montreal Quebec
- Certificate of Language Studies (2005), Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, Heilongjiang
- Bachelor of Arts (2004), McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
- Certificate of Language Studies (2002), Nankai University, Tianjin, Tianjin Municipality
- Member of the State Bar of Nevada
- United States District Court, District of Nevada
- Member of the Community Associations Institute (CAI)
HONORS & OUTSIDE ACTIVITIES
- Nevada’s Legal Elite 2021 and “Best Up and Coming” 2021 – The Silver State’s Top Attorneys
- Recipient of the Shannon Bybee Award, 2018
- Special Projects Editor of the Gaming Law Journal, 2019
- President of the Gaming Law Society at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas’ Boyd Law School, 2017-2019