AREAS OF PRACTICE
Eric Levinrad is a partner at Wolf, Rifkin, Shapiro, Schulman & Rabkin, LLP. He focuses his practice on complex business litigation and intellectual property litigation, including trademark, copyright and trade secret cases and has considerable experience litigating class actions, probate disputes and real property disputes.
- Juris Doctor (1993), Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California, Berkeley
- Bachelor of Arts, Politics (1989), University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 1989
- Member of the State Bar of California
ARTICLES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Faculty Member, Bridgeport’s Litigating Trade Secret, Employment Mobility and Corporate Raiding Conferences
- Speaker, Orange County Bar Association Intellectual Property/Technology Section Meeting, Risk Reduction Strategies in Trade Secret Misappropriation Actions, July, 2008
- Risk Reduction Strategies in “Bet the Company” Trade Secret Misappropriation Actions (Orange County Lawyer, August 2008)
- In re Nestlé USA Beverage Division, Inc., 82 S.W. 3d 767 (Tex. App-Corpus Christian 2002)
- Hobbs v, Weiss, 73 Cal. App. 4th 76 (1999)
- Successfully represented trust beneficiaries in action involving significant trust assets, numerous contested issues and surcharge claims.
- Disposed of Petition against trust beneficiary alleging violation of no contest clause by demurrer.
- Lead counsel in trade secret misappropriation action brought against a group of employees who misappropriated client’s sensitive trade secret information and used misappropriated information to unfairly compete. Settled case on favorable terms after securing order permitting imaging of defendants’ computers and locating “smoking gun” documents evidencing theft.
- Lead counsel in successful defense of trade secret misappropriation action brought by national placement company against regional competitor. Secured favorable settlement after bringing summary judgment motion based on declarations obtained from third party witnesses conclusively refuting trade secret misappropriation claims.
- Lead counsel in action brought on behalf of international precious metal company to secure recovery for theft of precious metal. Obtained favorable settlement of action for conversion and related claims.
- Lead counsel in successful representation of non-profit foundation in trademark infringement action, obtaining settlement in which defendant agreed to cease all use of disputed trademark and to surrender infringing domain name registrations.
- Litigated wage and hour class action to settlement in case involving over 13,000 employees and 63 restaurants.
- Lead counsel in breach of contract action brought by furniture designer against manufacturer. Secured verdict in favor of designer following trial.
- Successfully represented design company which was sued for the claimed misappropriation of trade secrets and confidential information.
- Co-counsel in boundary dispute involving claims for action for breach of contract and nuisance, which resulted in a $7.2 million award to clients.