AREAS OF PRACTICE
Christopher Guy practices in the areas of litigation, business and corporate law, U.S. and Nevada constitutional law, politics and government, criminal and civil law, 42 USC § 1983. Prior to joining Wolf, Rifkin, Shapiro, Schulman & Rabkin , LLP, Mr. Guy represented the citizens of Nevada as an Assistant Attorney General, Civil Litigation Division, in the Nevada Attorney General’s office. In the Attorney General’s office, Mr. Guy also represented Apex defendants such as Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak; Nevada Attorney General Aaron Ford; Nevada Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske; Nevada Department of Corrections Director Charles Daniels.Mr. Guy has represented defendants in jury and non-jury trials in Nevada District Court and Nevada state courts. Prior to his time as an Assistant Attorney General, Mr. Guy has represented defendants in jury and non-jury trials in Nevada District Court and Nevada state courts.
In addition to his litigation experience, Mr. Guy served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Timothy Williams in Department 16 of the Eighth Judicial District Court. During his time with Judge Williams, Mr. Guy worked exclusively on civil and commercial litigation. There, Mr. Guy worked on high profile cases such as: In re Wynn Resorts , LTD. Derivative Litigation (one of the largest and most comprehensive derivative settlements in history); News+Media Capital GRP. SRL VS. Las Vegas Sun, Inc.; Golden Boy Promotions, Inc. v. Pound for Pound Promotions, Inc.
Mr. Guy also served as an outside judge for Nevada Supreme Court Justice Michal L. Douglas (Ret.) and the Honorable Bonnie A. Bulla. Mr. Guy earned his Juris Doctorate of Jurisprudence, graduating with highest honors pro bono, from the William S. Boyd School of Law in Las Vegas, Nevada. While in law school, Mr. Guy was appointed to the prestigious Boyd Law School Defender Society’s National Mock Trial Team, where he honed his trial skills. Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Guy assisted consumer and commercial clients as a licensed financial banker with JP Morgan Chase.
- Juris Doctor (2019), William S. Boyd School of Law, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Bachelor of Science, Business, concentration in marketing (2013), University of Phoenix.
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of Nevada
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
- National Bar Association, Las Vegas Chapter
Honors & Outside Activities
- Rookie of the Year for the Nevada Attorney General’s Office: Attorney General Aaron Ford.
- State Bar of Nevada Professional Development Fellowship, 2018.
- Society of Advocates (National Trial Team), 2018
- Top Pro Bono Honors.
- First place award, Nevada Justice Association trial advocacy competition, 2018.
- Second place award, WRBLSA Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition, 2018
- Justice Michael L. Douglas, Prelaw Fellowship, Advisory Board, July 2019-present.
- Neighborhood Housing Services of Southern Nevada, Board of Directors, June 2022-present.
- Judge, Truancy Diversion Program, Eighth Judicial District Court.