AREAS OF PRACTICE
Chris Heck is a general litigation partner at Wolf, Rifkin, Shapiro, Schulman & Rabkin, LLP. Prior to joining the firm, he was a partner at the Los Angeles office of Kirkland & Ellis, LLP. He focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation, antitrust, insurance coverage, trade secret and corporate governance/fiduciary liability disputes, but he also has considerable experience in tax disputes, class actions, probate and trust litigation. His clients have run the gamut from a large Wall Street bank, to energy and alternative energy companies, to garment industry manufacturers, importers and distributors, to smaller concerns in the real estate, entertainment and new media industries. He also represents high net worth individuals in personal injury matters, corporate dissolutions, and trusts and estate disputes. In addition to courtroom advocacy, Mr. Heck counsels clients on litigation avoidance, and on business and transactional issues. He has vast courtroom and trial experience in state and federal courts and in arbitration, has served as lead trial counsel on numerous civil litigation and probate litigation matters, and has also instructed junior lawyers on civil practice and trial practice techniques, including legal writing and witness preparation and examination.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Contributing Author, Market Definition in Antitrust: Theory and Case Studies, (American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, 2012).
- Author, Columbia Iron and Steel Seeks Certiorari on Ambiguous Verdict. American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, Antitrust Trial Practice (Winter 2009).
- Author, Concerted Action and the Preemption of State Fair Trade Provisions After Leegin, 2009 Columbia Bus. Law Rev. 853
- Author, Horizontal Collusion is Necessary for Antitrust Preemption: The Seventh Circuit’s Decision in Flying J, Inc. v. Van Hollen. American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, Business Torts and RICO News: Vol. 6, Issue 4 (Fall 2010).
- Juris Doctor (1994), Duke University School of Law, Durham, NC
- Article Editor, Duke Law Journal
- Bachelor of Arts in English (1990), cum laude, Columbia College, Columbia University, New York, NY
- State Bar of California
- American Bar Association — Antitrust Section
- State Bar of California — Litigation and Antitrust Sections
- Los Angeles County Bar Association — Litigation Section
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Disability Rights Legal Center — Board Member (2004 to present), Treasurer (2006-2010), Vice President
- Los Angeles County Bar Foundation (2007-2013) – Chair of Grants Committee (2012-2013)
HONORS & OUTSIDE ACTIVITIES
- Listed in Southern California Super Lawyers (2020-2023)