Politics & Government
Wolf Rifkin Shapiro Schulman & Rabkin, LLP attorneys help clients navigate complex and sensitive areas of political activity and government relations at the local, state and federal levels. Whether as counsel to candidates, elected officials and bodies, political parties and legislative caucuses, political action committees, or private entities, WRSS&R lawyers understand the intersection of law and politics and assist clients in their relations with political actors. The firm is equipped to advise on all aspects of:
- Election Law: Voting rights issues, recounts, contests, or candidate qualifications matters
- Campaign finance compliance and reporting
- Ethics issues, investigations, and advice on gift regulations
- Set-up and advice for state or federal political action committees
- Advice to non-profit entities considering political activity
- Political and governmental litigation of all kinds, including constitutional matters and challenges to statutes, including intergovernmental litigation
- Representation before administrative agencies
The firm also has experience representing proponents and opponents of ballot initiatives and referenda at the state, county, and municipal levels. WRSS&R attorneys are prepared to mount legal challenges or defenses to filed initiative petitions, to assist or contest signature-gathering efforts, and to advise ballot measure political campaigns.
Political and legislative processes can be complicated, and the stakes of political activity are very high. The lawyers of Wolf Rifkin Shapiro Schulman & Rabkin, LLP maintain the relationships and expertise necessary to manage political matters effectively.