Max Wellman is an associate in the litigation and dispute resolution department of Wolf, Rifkin, Shapiro, Schulman & Rabkin, LLP. Max predominantly handles complex business litigation matters including, partnership disputes, corporate dissolution, commercial debts, real estate disputes, and issues pertaining to new media. Throughout his years of practicing law in Los Angeles, Max has developed a multi-faceted litigation practice representing clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to start-up businesses. Max represents clients in a variety of industries including real estate developers, commercial property owners, garment industry manufacturers, retailers, internet companies, individual artists, film and music production entities, marketing companies, and talent management firms. Max also counsels his clients on litigation avoidance and other business-related issues.
Prior to practicing as an associate at several large law firms in Los Angeles, Max clerked for the Honorable Elizabeth A. Lippitt of the Los Angeles Superior Court.
Max was recently selected as a 2018 Rising Star by Super Lawyers, an honor given to no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys that are under the age of 40.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Business and Commercial Litigation
- Breach of Contract
- Business Torts
- Partnership & Joint Venture Disputes
- Preference and Fraudulent Transfer Litigation
- Commercial Debts
- Provisional Remedies
- Enforcement of judgments
- Southwestern Law School (2013, J.D.)
- San Diego State University (2010, B.A.)
- State Bar of California
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
HONORS & OUTSIDE ACTIVITIES
- 2018 Super Lawyers Rising Star (awarded to 2.5% of attorneys under the age of 40)
- Downtown Los Angeles Bar Association (DTLABA), Past President
- Jewish National Fund, Futures Board Member