The attorneys of Wolf, Rifkin, Shapiro, Schulman & Rabkin, LLP use their extensive experience, problem solving skills and relationships to assist clients with many complex and diverse issues related to entertainment and intellectual property.
Not only are our attorneys well versed in general business matters, but we are sharply attuned to the unique needs and practices of those involved in all facets of the entertainment industry. We provide a wide array of services, including negotiating and documenting agreements related to:
- Film, Television and Video (acquisition, development, financing, production and distribution agreements)
- Talent Representation (actor, writer, director, producer agreements)
- New Media (internet, wireless and mobile programming agreements)
- Music (recording, publishing, production and distribution agreements)
- Licensing and Merchandising (licensing, merchandising, permission and celebrity endorsement agreements)
We also recognize that perhaps the most valuable asset of any business, large or small, is its intellectual property (IP). We assist clients in a variety of IP matters calculated to protect and enforce the IP rights of our clients, including the preparation and filing of patent, trademark and copyright applications, handling administrative proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and prosecuting and defending clients in litigation.
Our services include:
- Preparing, filing and prosecuting trademark and patent applications before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Preparing, filing and prosecuting copyright applications before the United States Copyright Office
- Assisting our clients to establish robust trade secret protection regimes
- Intellectual Property enforcement, including litigation
- Licensing and technology transfers
We routinely help clients in all facets of business negotiations involving intellectual property, including entity formation and acquisitions and negotiating and structuring licensing and technology transfers. We also advise clients regarding issues relating to the Internet, e-mail and communication retention policies.
Our entertainment and IP department attorneys are supported by attorneys from all practice areas, including litigation, business, finance, and bankruptcy, as well as collaborative representation with outside registered patent attorneys. Our experience enables us to provide cost-effective counsel in a wide variety of entertainment and intellectual property matters.
Related Practice: Licensing & Merchandising