Don Springmeyer is the litigation partner in charge of class action and complex high damages litigation for Wolf, Rifkin, Shapiro, Schulman & Rabkin, LLP, and is headquartered out of the firm’s Las Vegas office. He is a fourth generation Nevadan with 35 years of experience in high stakes, “bet the company” litigation including: whistleblower/qui tam cases on both the plaintiff and defense sides, class actions of all types, anti-trust cases, securities cases, multi-district litigation, constitutional law disputes, mass torts involving medical device and pharmaceutical products and related health care issues, multi-party construction, real estate, and condominium litigation, and insurance bad faith.
Mr. Springmeyer has been named to: “2018 Top 25 Class Action Lawyers” by The National Trial Lawyers, “2017 Top 10% in the USA in Civil Litigation” by Lawyers of Distinction; “2017-18 Top 100 Lawyers Civil Plaintiff Nevada” by The National Trial Lawyers; “Top Lawyers 2014” by Desert Companion; “Top Lawyers 2013” by VegasInc; and “2012 Top Lawyers: 100 top lawyers in Southern Nevada” by VegasInc. He was honored as the first Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Nevada Trial Lawyers Association in 1997, in recognition of his work on the infant formula price-fixing class actions, and his pro bono work on health insurance coverage cases for breast cancer victims. He has been AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated through Martindale-Hubble for over 19 years. He has also received a National Community Service Award for his pro bono work.
In his extensive appellate practice, Mr. Springmeyer has appeared in multiple cases before the Nevada Supreme Court, and the United States Courts of Appeal for the Ninth, Seventh, Sixth, Fourth, and Eleventh Circuits.
He is a cum laude graduate of Yale and UW-Madison Law School, and clerked for Nevada United States District Judge Bruce R. Thompson.
Areas of Practice
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Environmental/Natural Resource Law and Litigation
- Construction Defect
- Juris Doctor (1979), University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School, Madison, Wisconsin, cum laude
- Abraham Sigman Award for Excellence in Oral Advocacy
- Member Regional Champion Team, ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (1976), Yale, New Haven, Connecticut, cum laude with Special Honors in Political Science. Senior Thesis - "Innovation in National Party Politics"
- Member State Bar of Nevada
- Admitted to the United States Supreme Court
- Admitted to the United States Courts of Appeals for the Ninth, Fourth, Sixth, Seventh and Eleventh Circuits
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the District of Nevada
- Admitted to the United States District Court of the Northern District of California
- Admitted to the United States District Court of the Eastern District of California
- Member Clark County Bar Association
- Member Washoe County Bar Association
- Member Nevada Justice Association, and Board of Governors
- Member American Bar Association
Honors & Outside Activities
- AV Preeminent Peer Review rated
- VegasInc Top Lawyers 2013
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, Nevada Trial Lawyers Association, 1997
- National Community Service Award, Primerus Law Firms for pro bono insurance litigation for breast cancer victims