Bradley Schrager, partner in the Las Vegas office, is head of the firm’s Politics & Government practice. He handles campaign finance compliance matters, election litigation, ethics investigations and more, for a wide variety of clients including state and national political parties; federal, state, and local candidates; legislative caucuses; political action committees; nonprofits; and others involved in political and legislative processes. He also has expertise in ballot measures, representing both proponents and opponents of popular initiatives and referenda. Mr. Schrager also maintains a sophisticated appellate and complex litigation practice, handling matters before state and federal courts, and represents plaintiffs in class action and labor law matters.
Areas of Practice
- Election & Political Law
- Appeals & Writs
- Class Actions
- Labor Law
- In Re Nevada State Senate Recalls (2018) (Defeated recall petitions against two of Nevada’s sitting State Senators)
- Diaz v. MDC Restaurants (2018) (determining employer health insurance standards for minimum wage workers in Nevada)
- Nevada Labor Commissioner v. Hancock (2016) (regarding constitutionality of regulations underpinning Nevada’s constitutional minimum wage provision)
- Committee to Preserve Nevada Jobs v. Committee to Raise the Minimum Wage in Nevada (2016) (defended ballot measure against court challenge)
- Schwartz v. Lopez (2016) (successfully challenged Nevada’s Education Savings Account program as unconstitutional)
- Guy et al. v. Miller (2011) (Nevada’s court-ordered decennial redistricting of legislative and congressional maps).
- Chesnut et al v. Democratic Party of Nevada, (2008) (Represented Democratic National Committee in case upholding party’s associational rights in structuring presidential caucuses)
- Juris Doctor (2006), University of Notre Dame Law School
- Ph.D. (2001), American History, Northwestern University
- Bachelor of Arts (1990), Washington University in St. Louis
- State bar of Nevada
RECENT PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- “What’s the Matter with the Nevada Constitution?” Nevada Lawyer, Vol. 25, No. 1, November 2017.
- “ESAs are a Raid on Public Funds in Disguise,” Nevada Independent, February 22, 2017.
- “Post-Election Law and Procedure in Nevada: Recounts and Election Contests,” Nevada Lawyer, Vol. 20, No. 9, September 2012.
- “Nevada Ballot Initiatives in Court,” Presentation to Nevada Bar Association Annual Meeting, 2012.
- “What Every Attorney Needs to Know About Health Care Reform,” Presentation to Nevada Bar Association Annual Meeting, 2011.
- “Legislative Update: Ballot Initiatives and Petitions,” with Kathleen Fellows, Esq., Communiqué: The Clark County Bar Journal, Vol. 30, No. 8, September 2009.