Steven Zidell is a partner with Wolf, Rifkin, Shapiro, Schulman & Rabkin, LLP. Mr. Zidell’s practice focuses on transactional real estate and corporate matters. He has published several articles on real estate and business law topics. Mr. Zidell has been awarded an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell. An AV Preeminent rating reflects an attorney who has reached the heights of professional excellence and is recognized for the highest level of skill and integrity.
Areas of Practice
Real Estate & Corporate
- Extensive experience in real estate matters, including drafting and negotiating leases, purchase and sale agreements, loan documents and guaranties, easements, options, general contractor and subcontractor agreements, CC&Rs, environmental indemnities, property management agreements, consulting services agreements, maintenance contracts, legal opinions and letters of credit, handling title matters and 1031 exchanges, landlord-tenant matters and legal research into a broad range of real estate issues.
- Provide counsel concerning loan modifications, foreclosures, mechanics liens, the Subdivision Map Act, and the California Department of Real Estate.
- Significant experience in facilitating corporate and municipal finance transactions, including negotiating and preparing documentation on behalf of shareholders or partners, and drafting limited liability company operating agreements, trust indentures and employment agreements.
Articles & Reported Decisions
- Liquidated Damages Clauses, California Lawyer (August, 2013).
- Author of a chapter of Organizing Corporations in California, published by California Continuing Education of the Bar (2012)
- Alter Ego and Adequate Capitalization: How Much is Enough?, California Business Law Reporter (May, 2004)
- Consultant for California Real Estate Finance Practice: Strategies and Forms, published by California Continuing Education of the Bar (2000)
- Recent Developments Concerning California’s One Action Rule and Anti-Deficiency Laws, California Real Property Journal (Spring, 1999)
- California Supreme Court Affirms Court of Appeal in DeBerard Case: Code of Civil Procedure Section 580b May Not be Waived, California Real Property Journal (Summer, 1999)
- Juris Doctor (1985), UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, California; Editor-in-Chief of the UCLA Journal of Environmental Law & Policy
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics (1982), University of California, Los Angeles Summa Cum Laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- Member of the State Bar of California (Real Property Section)
- Member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Current Member and 2004-06 President, UCLA Ziman Real Estate Alumni Group
- Leadership L.A. Graduate Fellow
- Licensed real estate broker from April, 1991, to April, 2007