Royi Moas is a partner in the litigation department of Wolf, Rifkin, Shapiro, Schulman & Rabkin, LLP. His practice is focused primarily on civil litigation, real estate matters, community associations and alternative dispute resolution.
Areas of Practice
General Civil Litigation
- Involved in all areas of litigation, including the taking of depositions, researching and drafting pleadings and motions, preparing witnesses for depositions and trials, engaging in all types of discovery, appearing in court for status conferences, motions and mandatory settlement conferences.
Business Transactions & Corporate Law
- Representation of small and medium sized businesses in formation and structuring; secured transactions; business-to-business related transactions and contracts; and real estate related agreements.
Community Association Law
- Representation of community associations in matters relating to bylaws, CC&Rs, contracts, rules and regulations, and working closely with boards of directors and community association managers.
Alternative Dispute Resolution – Mediation
- Highly active mediator and mediation representative, involved in representing parties in all areas of ADR including NRS Ch. 38 dispute resolution proceedings. Actively serving as a mediator in civil disputes, real estate related disputes, and foreclosure disputes.
Construction Defect Litigation
- Plaintiff representation in claims relating to single-family dwellings, townhomes, condominiums, and commercial structures.
Articles & Publications
- “Nevada Foreclosure Mediation Program; A Mediator’s Perspective” – 2010
- “Service of Process at Guard Gated Communities” – 2010
- “Foreign Direct Investment in Commercial Real Estate” – 2004
- “Neighborhood Mediation Programs and Homeowner Association Disputes” – 2009
- Juris Doctor (2007), Pepperdine Law School in Malibu, California
- Masters in Dispute Resolution (2007) from the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine Law School in Malibu, California
- Bachelors of Science, Magna Cum Laude, in Business Administration with an emphasis on International Business,Real Estate and Business Law, University of Nevada Las Vegas (2004)
- Member of the State Bar of Nevada (Since 2007)
- Member of the State Bar of California (Since 2009)
- Member of the ADR Section of the State Bar of Nevada, American Bar Association, Clark County Bar Association, Los Angeles Bar Association, Nevada Justice Association
- Mediators of Southern Nevada
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
- Nevada Supreme Court Appointed Mediator, Foreclosure Mediation Program
- Interned for the Honorable Alexander H. Williams, III (ret.), Los Angeles Superior Court. Assisted and monitored settlement conferences and mediations.
- Interned and Volunteered as a Mediator for the California Academy of Mediation Professionals, Western Justice Center Foundation, Community Mediation Center, Centinela Youth Services, and the Clark County Neighborhood Justice Center