Michael Schulman is the managing partner of the Las Vegas office of Wolf, Rifkin, Shapiro, Schulman & Rabkin, LLP. Mr. Schulman regularly acts as counsel to community associations, working closely with boards of directors and community association management companies. He also provides corporate advice to non-association clients and volunteers many hours each year to several national organizations in the common-interest community industry, providing legal expertise in both corporate law and community association law. Mr. Schulman is one of only two attorneys practicing law in Nevada that is a member of the College of Community Association Lawyers (“CCAL”). CCAL is comprised of attorneys who have distinguished themselves through contributions to the evolution or practice of community association law. CCAL members are also recognized for committing themselves to high standards of professional and ethical conduct in the practice of community association law.
Areas of Practice
Community Associations Law
- Preparation, interpretation and enforcement of Bylaws, CC&Rs, contracts, and association Rules and Regulations
General Corporate Representation
- Non-profit companies of all sizes in connection with general corporate, legal and business affairs
Seminars and Training
Wolf, Rifkin, Shapiro, Schulman & Rabkin, LLP leads the industry in providing educational opportunities for members of the board of directors in the Common Interest Community industry and professional Community Managers.
The firm has helped develop and participates in State certification training for the industry, and has dedicated staff to offer and further those efforts.
The firm is dedicated to helping the industry deal with the complexity of the legislation that surrounds the industry in California and Nevada. Our staff actively works, by serving on legislative action committees, to help provide wording for changes and/or defeating legislation that would adversely affect all owners who live in a common interest community.
Please contact Michael Schulman at email@example.com for further information about the following: Community Manager Pre-Licensing Seminars in Las Vegas and Reno, Manager Seminars, and Homeowner/Board Member Seminars.
- Juris Doctor (1980), Columbia University, New York, New York
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics (1977), University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Member of the State Bar of California
- Member of the State Bar of Nevada
- Member of the Clark County Bar Association
- Member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Instructor for the Nevada Real Estate Division 60-hour Community Management certification course sanctioned by the State of Nevada
- Instructor for the State of Nevada Ombudsman for common interest community classes throughout Nevada
- Serves on the Nevada Community Association Institute (CAI) Legislative Action Committee (since 1999)
- Testified before Senate and Assembly Committees supporting new legislation in 1999, 2001, 2003 and 2005 in the State of Nevada
- Active public speaker in both California and Nevada at industry events and CAI functions
- Consistently authoring articles for industry publications