Mark Mizrahi’s law practice includes all aspects of intellectual property law with an emphasis in patent, trademark, and copyright litigation. He also has extensive experience preparing and prosecuting trademark applications and managing trademark portfolios for a wide variety of client businesses, including financial institutions, beauty care brands, musical equipment brands, and dietary supplement manufacturers. He counsels clients on acquiring and maintaining U.S. and foreign IP rights and on potential and pending infringement problems. His experience also includes preparing copyright applications, preparing and negotiating licenses and agreements relating to intellectual property rights and preparing patent applications in the field of biology.
Mark brings a litigator’s eye to his clients’ IP issues, taking care to think about the ramifications in the event an IP right is enforced. His experience in the courtroom lends valuable insight and perspective to every action he takes on behalf of his clients.
Mark earned a Bachelor of Science degree, with highest honors, in Genetics from the University of California at Davis in 1992. While at U.C. Davis, he performed research in the laboratory of Raymond L. Rodriguez, in an effort to isolate novel genes in rice responsible for seed germination. He earned a law degree from the University of Southern California Law School in 1995. While in law school, Mark served as an intern in the Law Offices of Robert L. Shapiro while writing a thesis on the admissibility and reliability of DNA evidence in criminal cases. He was admitted to the California bar in 1995 and is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Intellectual Property Licensing
Publications & Presentations
- THE PARTICULAR COST SAVING ADVANTAGES OF USING THE FED.R.CIV.P.RULE 68 ”OFFER OF JUDGMENT” IN COPYRIGHT ACTIONS
- J.D., University of Southern California Law School
- B.S., Genetics, University of California, Davis, with highest honors
- Registered Patent Attorney, United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Listed in California Super Lawyers (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- California State Bar, Intellectual Property Section
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association