Mr. Jones is an experienced trial attorney representing clients in a variety of complex litigation matters. Mr. Jones has successfully advocated on behalf of clients in state and federal courts, private arbitrations, mediations and appellate matters before the Nevada Supreme Court. Mr. Jones has successfully represented international gaming companies, national and community banking institutions, real estate developers, and individuals in disputes involving breaches of contract, securities fraud, antitrust, mechanic’s liens, and partnership disputes. He has also won important victories for trustees and beneficiaries in trust and estate litigation matters. Mr. Jones has also worked on behalf plaintiffs in class action and environmental matters and will be expanding his practice in these areas with Wolf Rifkin Shapiro Schulman & Rabkin.
In 2012, Mr. Jones was elected to the Nevada State Senate. During the 2013 legislative session, Mr. Jones served in leadership as Assistant Majority Whip and as Chairman of the Health and Human Services Committee, as well as on the Judiciary and Commerce, Labor, and Energy Committees. In addition to his legislative service, Mr. Jones provides pro bono representation to child victims of domestic abuse and neglect through the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada’s Children’s Attorney Project and serves as pro bono counsel to Save Red Rock. Mr. Jones has also previously served on the Board of Directors for United Way of Southern Nevada and as Chair of the Volunteer Center of Southern Nevada.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Jones served as a law clerk to the Honorable Roger L. Hunt of the United States District Court, District of Nevada. Mr. Jones is admitted to practice in Nevada, California, and the United States District Courts for the District of Nevada and Southern District of California.
- Don’t Cry for Me, Argentena: SB140 and the Strengthening of Attorneys’ Lien Rights in Nevada, CCBA Communiqué (Sept. 2012)
- AB273: A Win for Homeowners, a Loss for Commercial Lenders, CCBA Communiqué (Sept. 2012)
- “Legislative Update: Top Ten Bills from the 2013 Legislature Affecting Litigators,” State Bar of Nevada, Litigation Section CLE (Aug. 2013)
- “May it Please the Court – Effective Case Presentation at Trial,” National Business Institute (Nov. 2012)
- “Aftermath of AB273,” State Bar of Nevada Annual Meeting (June 2012)
- “Twelve Angry Men (and Women): Fixing Common Mistakes in Jury Selection,” State Bar of Nevada, Litigation Section CLE (Feb. 2012)
- “Best Practices for Retaining Dedicated Lawyers,” UNLV Boyd School of Law (Feb. 2012)
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Brigham Young University (1997)
- Jurisdoctor, George Washington University School of Law (2001)
- Editor-in-Chief, The Environmental Lawyer journal
- Vice Chair and Co-Founder, State Bar of Nevada, Litigation Section
- Co-Chair, Ninth Circuit Notes, ABA Commercial and Business Litigation Committee
- Member, Clark County, Nevada and American Bar Associations
- Recognized as a Mountain States Super Lawyer (2013)
- Recognized as one of the “40 Under 40” by VEGAS INC (2013)
- Recognized as a "Top Lawyer" by VEGAS INC (2012)
- Recognized by Nevada Business Journal as one of Nevada’s “Legal Elite” (2012)
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale Hubbell and “Superb” by Avvo
- Selected three times by Super Lawyers magazine as a “Rising Star” for the Mountain States region (2008, 2011, 2012)
- Received 50 Hour Club Award from Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada for pro bono service (2010)