Mr. Mixson is a senior associate in the Reno and Las Vegas offices of Wolf, Rifkin, Shapiro, Schulman & Rabkin, LLP. Chris is licensed in both Nevada and Oregon. His practice focuses on environmental and natural resource law, with a particular emphasis on Indian water law, and on construction defect litigation on behalf of homeowners. Chris has lived all over the country – South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Indiana, Maryland, Oregon – and has come to rest in Nevada. When not in the office, Chris is likely to be found enjoying the great outdoors of the Western United States.
Areas of Practice
Environmental/Natural Resource Law and Litigation
- Represents clients in water rights disputes before the Nevada Division of Water Resources, the district courts and Supreme Court of Nevada, the United States District Courts, and the Ninth Circuit United States Court of Appeals; represents clients in National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) litigation; and represents clients in environmental permitting matters before state environmental agencies and courts of law
Construction Defect Litigation
- Represents homeowners in construction defect lawsuits in claims relating to single-family dwellings, townhomes, condominiums, and commercial structures.
- Juris Doctor (2006), Lewis & Clark Law School, Portland, Oregon, with Certificate in Environmental and Natural Resources Law
- Bachelor of Arts (2000), Philosophy and Biology, University of Evansville, Evansville, Indiana
- State Bar of Nevada, State Bar of Oregon, United States District Court for the District of Nevada, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, American Bar Association Environmental Division, Nevada Justice Advocates
- Recipient, Environmental Leadership Award, Natural Resources Law Institute
- Recipient, Steven L. Manas Memorial Scholarship for Environmental Law
- Selected, Cornelius Honor Society, Lewis & Clark Law School
- Law Review Editor, Lewis & Clark School